[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate() [function.getdate]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
talkscape.jasonlytle.com • View topic - The Prized Possession

The Prized Possession

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderators: daidj, Johnny, ebo, wolfattack, Scott, Eean

Re: The Prized Possession

Postby forgetful on Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:57 am

Did anyone from here snag that Complex Party promo sold on eBay recently ?.
forgetful

Postby Scott on Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:03 pm

I didn't realize that was an eBay auction - I saw someone ask Jason if the tape was legit, and he seemed uncertain (which would have made ME uncertain on bidding)... how much did it go for?
Scott

Postby forgetful on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:17 pm

It was listed as a test pressing cassette not promo as I stated, hit 'View original item' on the right of the page from this link https://www.ebay.com/itm/GRETA-1992-Original-Demo-Cassette-Tape-With-Rage-Against-The-Machine-Drummer-/264053666368?oid=264041034994, it went for just over $200.
I would have bought it myself but only up to a $50 or so max, it soon went past that.
forgetful

Postby weezit on Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:09 pm

Hey guys,

It has been awhile since I posted...

I ended up buying that cassette tape you guys are talking about above.

Super happy to have it in my collection. I know that Jason was uncertain about its authenticity, but in the research I've done, it does seem to be legit.

I spoke to the seller extensively which I think tipped him off to how much it would be worth to someone. Essentially he purchased a storage unit and found this tape, along with a few dozen other tapes, all with the same labeling.

I don't know why it was made, or how it came to exist, but I do believe it is likely the only one in existence, which I think is pretty cool.

Still in the hunt for the "official releases" of course.....maybe one day.

Anyway, sorry that I hadn't seen these posts above. I meant to come back here and talk about this find with you all, but it must have slipped my mind.
weezit

Previous

Return to talk not talk