[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate() [function.getdate]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
talkscape.jasonlytle.com • View topic - AM 180 Chords

AM 180 Chords

vibration stuff

Moderators: brassman2000, __redruM

AM 180 Chords

Postby defgmx on Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:06 am

Once again I am in need of help. Anyone know what notes a being played in the verse of AM 180? Or even through out the song?

Thanks,
defgmx
Gabe ;)
defgmx

Re: AM 180 Chords

Postby brassman2000 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:51 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a 100% accurate tab of this song - most of the confusion is caused by a bass note that it not the root of the chord... oh and the fact that the riff starts on the major 7th of the chord... What were you thinking Jason?! Anyway, I'm not sure if this will be entirely correct - certainly the middle bit where the chords change bugs me so please have a play and let me know what you think about it. Corrections are always welcome - please tell me if I'm wrong so we can get it right!

Code: Select all
AM 180

THE riff (x4):

Bb          G/B         C           F
1 - - 2 - - 1 - - 2 - - 1 - - 2 - - 1 - - 2 - -
a   f   g a g   d   e f e   c   e g g*  f       *f on the 4th time
1 - 2 - 3 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 1 - 2 - 3 -

The Verse:
F
Don't change your name, keep it the same
                        Bb
For fear I may lose you again

F
I know you won't, it's just that I'm unorganized
                       Bb                            Riff (Bb, G/b, C, F) x 4
And I want to find you when... something good happens

F                                                          Bb
If you come down we'll go to town I haven't been there for years
F                                                   Bb         Riff (Bb, G/b, C, F) x4
But I'd be fine wasting our time not doing anything here... Just doing nothing

Middle 8 + solo:

Riff
Bb, G/b, C, F,
Bb, G/b, C, Dm
Gm, G#dim, Am, F7/Eb
Gm, G#dim, Am, A (major)

Bb, G/b, C, F x4

F                                                             Bb
We'll sit for days and talk about things important to us like whatever
F                                                        Bb
We'll defuse bombs, walk marathons, and take on whatever together

Riff to end...
Whatever together
Whatever together
Whatever together

Descending scale of F.

I hope my weird notation style for the riff makes sense to everyone - Top line is the chord sequence, underneath that are the beats of the bar in 6/8, then the notes played by the synth for the riff and then the beats of the bar if your mind plays the song in 3/4.

Talk to me people! :D
I has a PhD.
brassman2000

Postby __redruM on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:57 pm

Looks good, here's the riff tabbed for guitar:
Code: Select all
e|-5---3-5-3-------------3-3---| (repeat)
b|---6-------3-5-6-5---5-----6-|
g|-------------------5---------|
d|-----------------------------|
a|-----------------------------|
e|-----------------------------|

end of riff
e|-5---3-5-3-------------3--|
b|---6-------3-5-6-5---5--6-|
g|-------------------5------|
d|--------------------------|
a|--------------------------|
e|--------------------------|
__redruM

Postby defgmx on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:16 am

Yeah it sounds excelent. Inspite of all the changes I think you nailed it pretty good.

Thanks,
Gabe
defgmx :D
defgmx

Postby brassman2000 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:32 pm

Oh, a quick tip for all you guitar-o-holics:

A super fun-tastic way to play the guitar chords is as follows:

.....:

Bb: 6 8 8 7 6 6
G/B: 7 5 0 0 0 7
C: 8 10 10 9 8 8
F: 1 3 3 2 1 1

Oh and the chord in the "middle 8" that I called F7/Eb is quite possibly F7/A (with Eb in the bass guitar) - either way it really doesn't sound right if you actually play an F chord - playing: keyboard (a c eb), bass (Eb) seems to be what is going on but the riff resolves onto the F making it technically F7/A which I just find very confusing. Why on Earth am I so hyperactive tonight?!....

argh!

PS: Thanks for tabbing the riff like a sane person __redruM, the guitarists thank you once again :D
I has a PhD.
brassman2000

Return to tabs * music * details * tech