Brand New Harmonica

vibration stuff

Moderators: brassman2000, __redruM

Brand New Harmonica

Postby ricknall on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:04 pm

Ok...on Brassmans head be it..I have now invested a considerable amount of money on a musical instrument, yep a Harmonica (key of c)....cost me £5 from ASDA (walmart) from starting out driving the dog stupid... I am now stuck on what to play, the book it came with has a few songs in it that I have mastered ( to a degree) but the familys patience wears thin after 12 plays of 'Oh Susanna' !!
Is there anywhere where I can get hold of some grandaddy/Jason tunes to get stuck into? .
Am sure you grand chaps can help in some way..ok its time for another tune.....all together now.."Oh when the saints, go marching in.... :D
ricknall

Re: Brand New Harmonica

Postby brassman2000 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:15 pm

At least you could give Egg Hit and Jack Too a go... if it's in C. I think it's in C... I don't think there is any kind of major harmonica/Grandaddy resource though. Does any one else here play?!! GOOD LUCK!
Last edited by __redruM on Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Put things back with help from goolge
I has a PhD.
brassman2000

Postby ricknall on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:35 pm

Ha... i'm afraid your post rendition of "When the saints go marching in" was slightly out of tune...compared to mine...its all in the typing. :)

However.... I have came across many a web site with lots of tunes n stuff to be getting my lips into..but no Grandaddyesque ones..so looks like I will have to learn by ear....but have to say that my family have never laughed so much as when I tried to play a practise run of "Bohemian Rhapsody"..especially when you get to the "Thunderbolt and lightning" part..(bit off putting when they are all rolling around the floor laughing)....they just dont realise that they are witnessing a genius at work :roll:

right ..gonna dig out Moe bandy now n have a go
ricknall

Postby brassman2000 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:15 pm

are you being serious?! I can't even begin to imagine a harmonica version of bo rhap!
I has a PhD.
brassman2000

Postby ricknall on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:34 pm

Yep tis true..here be the site n stuff http://www.harptabs.com/song.php?ID=81 now get ya harp out ..dust it down..give it a blow :shock: ...and see if people fall about laughing like they do for me :) ...actually it is good fun just giving it a go!
ricknall

Postby Johnny on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:11 pm

Start learning the last post Ian ready for when the Jacks come to the Riverside :D :D
Bb or B Good!
Johnny
Site Admin

Postby ricknall on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:29 pm

Hi johnny..wot you doing on this side of the fence..you have to be careful over here its a mystical place, full of talented players...a bit like the Riverside!!!!!!
ricknall

Postby Johnny on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:16 pm

I have not contributed to this section for quite some time now. I play the guitar and I occasionally tinkle the ivories, but not that much these days. I will do something on here soon when I get some downtime.. :D Right where's that Leffe ;)
Bb or B Good!
Johnny
Site Admin

Return to tabs * music * details * tech