[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate() [function.getdate]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
talkscape.jasonlytle.com • View topic - Disconnecty - Acoustic - Help?

Disconnecty - Acoustic - Help?

vibration stuff

Moderators: brassman2000, __redruM

Disconnecty - Acoustic - Help?

Postby MikeyA on Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:28 am

Just want to say thanks to everyone here who is making this side of the board work.
So here's my situation...
Jason Lytle played a few songs on KEXP back in the day when he was interviewed in 2006.
You can find the live version from the interview here: mms://media-wm.cac.washington.edu/dw/1/51/03/03e34527-bf8e-489f-ac44-b38d9984d699.wma

I'm trying to figure this song out on my guitar, and I keep getting tripped up around the part...

"on the engine air his thoughts flow true to you..."

the chords at the end of this phrase are a little tricky.

I found that someone tabbed it out here:
http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.guitaretab.com/g/grandaddy/78640.html
but it doesn't seem to sound right.

So... any ideas?

thanks in advance

_mikey
MikeyA

Re: Disconnecty - Acoustic - Help?

Postby brassman2000 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:18 am

I thought I'd tabbed this one (Disconnecty - not live) before but it looks like I haven't which is weird.

Anyway.

This is the bit that catches everyone out I think. Most tabs I've seen have the chord progression:

C Bb Dsus Asus D

Over the "true to yoooooooooooou" bit. I don't know why. D isn't involved at all.

I hear it as:

C (x32010)
Bb (x10330)
A sus (x02230)
A (x02220)

Which doesn't mean it's right but that's what I've always played.

Hope that helps a bit :)
I has a PhD.
brassman2000

Postby MikeyA on Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:02 pm

Just played it. And dang it! You're right! Awesome. It sounds great.
Thanks for the help.
MikeyA

Postby brassman2000 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:23 pm

Ah fantastic! You're very welcome. Tell your friends and come again soon!
I has a PhD.
brassman2000

Return to tabs * music * details * tech