amazing bass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderators: daidj, Johnny, ebo, wolfattack, Scott, Eean

amazing bass.

Postby campershell dreams on Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:33 pm

i just wanted to take this time to point out one of my favorite things about grandaddy, that i haven't seen discussed here.

just for some perspective, in my car, i have two 12 inch subs connected to an 800 watt amp, and then i have the four speakers in the car, hooked up to another 800 watt amp. so i gets a lot of bass in my car. like, picture me as that annoying guy driving around with his license plates rattling. but in the inside of my car, it sounds fantastic.

anyway, there are several grandaddy songs with bass lines that rival a lil jon track. but it's (obviously) used in more creative ways than that. and the bass is usually my favorite part of these tracks. am i the only person here like that? grandaddy's bass is fucking amazing, my friends. here are some swell examples:

nonphenomenal lineage
am 180
collective dreamwish
laughing stock
everything beautiful is far away
lawn and so on
he's simple, he's dumb, he's the pilot
so you'll aim toward the sky
jeez louise
summer.. it's gone
the animal world
skateboarding saves me twice
this is how it always starts
12pak599
levitz
for the dishwasher
our dying brains
what can't be erased

all those songs have enough base to make my nostrils vibrate. i love it.
if you plan on asking me for a copy of jason lytle's soon-to-be released ablum, don't waste your time. not gonna happen! have a nice day.
campershell dreams

Re: amazing bass.

Postby xanz on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:46 pm

Oh! Bass, i thought you were talking about Bass. Although these Bass may not seem that amazing they were still fun to catch. L-R Aaron Burtch-Nathen Masellis-Bob Farley @ Johnny Creek, Valley Home, CA circa 2007

xanz

Postby Ricardo Ananas on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:23 am

I love the bass on Law and so on, at 0'18 - 0'22, "pooom pompom pom pooooom". I love it.

An amazing bass here : Midnight Juggernauts - Shadows (start at 0'39). Wow. I've seen them at La Route du Rock last sunday (with Girls In Hawaii), it was incredible.

Listen to this :

Oh I love bass.

Oh, and today on french TV, Olympic Games great moments of the day. First : Skateboarding saves me twice, and then, He's simple, he's dumb, he's the pilot during... women beach-volley. Ahah.
Ricardo Ananas

Postby kimchi on Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:54 pm

yes, kevin is pretty amazing!

after a bit on the piano, my husband is now teaching me to play on his 1950's sunburst fender telecaster bass. i'm not worthy, and my fingers hurt!

do any of ya'll play ?
kimchi

Return to talk not talk