Jason Lytle signature Box Wine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderators: daidj, Johnny, ebo, wolfattack, Scott, Eean

Jason Lytle signature Box Wine

Postby jason on Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:51 pm

Im kidding ....
hello peeps ..its me and I have a few bits of news re: goings on with album and other such.
(the box wine title is stemming from my brimming excitement at Americas slow but growing acceptance of box wine.......and.......Im in sample mode right now)

anyhaw.....the record has been delayed a teensy bit to "early 2009" ...but this is good.
There is a smallish but quality label we have just about tricked into putting it out.And they will no doubt make it pretty available and promoted and stuff......and there are still a few songs that are
being "finessed" still.....which unfortunately has not been helped by the fact that the guy I mixed it with (Thom Monahan) went home after mixing and found like,15 kittens in his home ,and then went onto find homes for all of them over the following weeks only to get scratched by one and then end up in the hospital with some super serious infection.....fugking cat -tastrophe.
So in the meantime......there has been lots of skateboarding.....lots of artwork and merchandise
making.
There is a swedish band called Division of Lauralee that I quite like. Well ...they have a new record out soon, and they asked many folks(friends,fans,foes) to make cheapo videos for the l.p. songs. They asked me ,and I said "yeah" and it sucks , but it was fun making it. It was good practice for making my own sucky videos.
I also did an interview for RVCA .com that probably wont be posted for another week or so
where I talk about my new favorite piece of audio gear. Its an Emerson transistor radio that
costed me 8 dollars but it has givin me at least 800 dollars worth of joy. It fits in my front pocket and it sounds best next to a river.
Also ....i went to a bar here in Montana last night with a skater buddy of mine.
I think we were feeling feisty ....( not mean ....just restless) and it was perfect . There was a
great crappy metal band playing crappy fast metal and a bunch of frat boys bumping into each other. Well.....my friend is a good dad,architecture major, and pretty intelligent, BUT he also
is a good skateboarder,COVERED in tattoos, and an ex gnarly dirty homeless punk rocker.
SO...it was fun to see him resurrect his past and start moshing crazy style (which of cousre I HAD to follow ) and we proceeded to wipe out all of these Montana frat boys. It was very satisfying to say the least and super dooper fuckin funny.
Lets see......what else ....I recorded and produced a local fried of mine here in Montana.
Her name is Jana McCall . I think on her myspace is a song I did for her called "the sailor"
Its a 5 song Ep she is hoping to release soon. ...and one of the songs is actually a cover of one of my songs on the new l.p.
I also did a few songs (vocals, and keys) on the new M.Ward album(not out yet)
Other than that ....Im just working on that Box wine sponsorship.....
Thanx for your continued lurkings.........
and
its good to be back (ha)
jsn
jason

Re: Jason Lytle signature Box Wine

Postby nathan on Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:12 am

Sounds like you haven't missed a beat...

Can't wait for all this new material, both yours and others that you're featured in! I'm interested to hear how you've screwed up other artists' work! Hahaha! (Just joking of course...)

Be good.. thanks for the update!
nathan

Postby Scott on Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:14 am

Thanks (as always) for the updates... looking forward to the album, merch and whatever else you can/wanna throw our way... and besides, I'm sure it'll still be "album of the year" in 2009 - you can release either time, we'll wait.
Scott

Postby MikeA on Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:14 am

Thanks Jason for the update and for returning to the board. Always appreciate the updates and as a seriously geeky completist collector, especially like to know what other artists you are working with so I can hunt them down.

Bummer the new album is delayed but great news to hear about the potential label. I'll go crack open (do you crack them open?) a box of wine in your honor!

MikeA
MikeA

Postby strawberrybob on Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:21 pm

Thanks Jason for keeping us posted.
strawberrybob

Postby floop on Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:38 am

awesome. thanks for the update..
floop

Postby wolfattack on Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:42 am

too late man, Anti Hero just came out with a box wine that has angle iron on the sides so you can do some shred sled grrrrriiindddssss on it.

thanks for the update. Can't wait for the new album. It has been plenty long since fambly cat.

if you play any shows in L.A. when the album comes out, we will go skate some concrete.
wolfattack

Postby floop on Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:15 am

may i suggest the Culver City skatepark

that place is niiiiiiiice. also, it's free and you don't have to wear pads. it's my new favorite place

http://www.socalskateparks.com/park/Culvercity
floop

Postby Mitch on Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:32 am

My cat also gave birth to 4 kittens last week. Thank god not 15 of these little busy and noisy cats, but still enough to be able to shit in every corner of my house when they're a couple of weeks old. (this time I'm not talking about myself)
Great to hear you're doing some stuff for M.Wards new album, I love Post War.
So can we expect to see you touring in Europe in 2009? Well just come to Holland. I promise we won't be asking you any dumb questions like they did before..how embarassing.....

Greets form a rainy depressive Utrecht, Holland,

Michel
Mitch

Postby Secret on Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:43 pm

hello Lytle!

good Lytle!
Secret

Next

Return to talk not talk