[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate() [function.getdate]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
talkscape.jasonlytle.com • View topic - Introduce Yourself (Right On!)

Introduce Yourself (Right On!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderators: daidj, Johnny, ebo, wolfattack, Scott, Eean

Re: Introduce Yourself (Right On!)

Postby brassman2000 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:22 pm

:D Emoticons rock harder than Ivan Mladek and the bloke with the cow-bell thing! :twisted:
I has a PhD.
brassman2000

Postby campershell dreams on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:56 am

my name is joe.
i'm 22.
in the army.
live in texas. born and raised in texas.
been listening to grandaddy for one year and one month.
listened to them four about four months before i realized that they were my favorite band ("levitz finally convinced me once and for all).

that's about it, really.
if you plan on asking me for a copy of jason lytle's soon-to-be released ablum, don't waste your time. not gonna happen! have a nice day.
campershell dreams

Postby ColH on Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:15 am

- I found out about Grandaddy after they split up. :cry:
- I found out about The Flaming Lips from the guy who made the Impossible Quiz. Which led me to search them on an Mp3 website that recommended Grandaddy because they didn't have The Lips.
- I started listening to Grandaddy in an attempt to hold me over until the new albums by The Flaming Lips and The Shins, but I now am waiting for an additional SEW LOW OWL BUM.
- I am going to try to get "Under the Western Freeway" Tomorrow... Ok, today.
- I just joined and it's now saying my screen name on a lot on the "MOST RECENT POST" column on a lot of threads because I am posting a lot and it makes me feel weird...
- I am working on a solo (or maybe band) album. (I have some songs written and a demo or two recorded)
- I Play guitar, bass, keys, and vocals and use drum loops for my music.
- I have an idea for a cartoon that uses He's Simple, He's Dumb, He's the Pilot as the theme song.
- I have He's Simple, He's Dumb, He's the Pilot in it's three sections separate on my iTunes.
- I thought the AM180 car commercial stopped airing... but it's BACK!!! (I swear, it's aired at least 20 times in the last hour)
- I think the name of my cartoon's pilot episode should be: "It's Simple, It's Dumb, It's the Pilot".
- I stay up really late (I go to sleep at about 3 or 4).
- The AM180 car commercial has aired 3 times during me typing this.
- I don't get the reference in this thread's title.
- I desperately want "The Windfall Varietal".
- When I think I'm done typing in this, I keep thinking of stuff to add.
- I think that the "Cinderland" demo is better then the one on "Todd Zilla".
- ColH has almost nothing to do with my real name.
- I can't really get into "The Fambly Cat".
- I'm listening to TV while typing this, so that's why I know when the AM180 Car commercial airs. Ooooooh... South Park's on!
ColH

Postby nathan on Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:24 pm

- My name really is Nathan, most people refer to me as Nate, which is good.
- I've been a Grandaddy fan since the Sophtware Slump days... I originally downloaded an mp3 titled "Radiohead - Far Away" and it was really "So You'll Aim Toward the Sky." Lets just say it was my favorite Radiohead song. :D
- I've been on Talkscape since the very first talkscape board, though I was only on mk1 in the very last days before mk2 began.
- I was long known on Talkscape as "grandaddy." I really did think I was cool because I thought everyone else would have wanted that as their talkscape name.
- I soon realized that I was the only one dumb enough to pick that as my talkscape name ;)
- Saw Grandaddy twice: May 3 2003 in Indianapolis, and sometime in August 2003 in Milwaukee. Both shows were phenomenal: Kevin is the smartest person ever to touch a grill.
- There isn't a Grandaddy song I don't like, though I really favor the Sophtware Slump and its b-sides the most. I also really enjoy their cover songs, Jason made them special. (Here & Fishing Boat Song as good examples.)
- Earlimart has been my band of choice shortly since the announcement of the end of Grandaddy.

Hmm... I think that's good enough.
nathan

Postby tacos on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:37 am

Hi Eean.
I'm your friend and I love Chuck Mosley era Faith No More.

:evil:
tacos

Postby azul on Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:11 am

hello

whatever happened to that frylock character?
azul

Postby Ron_S on Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:11 pm

Jason mentioned he was "doing some web work", so I thought I'd see if there was a site up. Here it is. When I read that Jason was moving to Montana, I figured it would be up to Kalispell, up north, where Huey Lewis lives. A little later, I got a call from a mutual friend, Jud Cost, who told me that Jason would be arriving in Bozeman, shortly and he would be giving me a call. It actually took him a while to get all moved up here, but when he did, he came around to check out my studio and say hello.

I run a label, Career Records, and the associated studio, GLEA. Career is a collaboration between myself, and Deniz Tek from Radio Birdman... He also live in Montana. Roy Loney, from the Flamin' Groovies is our flagship artist. Den and I put out records as The Golden Breed, Three Assassins,and Donovan's Brain. You can read about that and the other swell artists over at http://www.CareerRecords.com.

So Jason came back around and recorded a Nick Drake cover, for a tribute album that still hasn't come out. Otherwise, he's a regular around here, and occasional ski partner. A couple of weeks ago, he got this idea to do a split single of Tom Petty covers with our pal Herman Jolly. After a quick discussion, we got to work, and had it done in three short sessions. (Jason, dwarfed by my record collection, doing some guitar overdubs)Image
Herman and his new band, Little Pieces will be in Thursday to record one of the two song they will contribute. Jason will be cracking the whip, and I'll be at the board.

Little Pieces are coming to town to do a gig, Jason will be opening. Due to some serious confusion the date was publicized to happen on August 29th!! The correct date hasn't been promoted either. I do a radio show up here too, KGLT-fm, so I thought it might be a good idea if Jason came up this last Friday (yesterday) to plug the show. We were also treated to the world premier of a track off Yours Truly The Commuter, and the newly minted TP cover.

I've been following the progress of the new album for a while now, and have heard it in various states of completion. I think we both enjoy sharing our works in progress. He's heard some of the rough tracks for the next Donovan's Brain album, and his comments are always helpful. Anyway, after giving it a Box of Wine influenced listen last night, I think everyone will be knocked out. What does it sound like? It's really good. Is it different from Grandaddy? You will have to wait to hear.

I can't admit to being the biggest GD fan. I heard them on the radio, and thought I should check them out. They were on David Letterman soon after, so I had a better idea what they were all about. Slowly, I've gotten to know the music a lot better, and I think I've gathered up a fairly complete collection... but it seems like every time I look, there are singles and stuff I don't have. My current favorite is MGM Grand, which I insisted on playing at the end of the interview...

it was damn cold this day we went out skiing. 0 degreesImage
The country that rules magnetism, rules the world
Ron_S

Postby eric on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:37 pm

Hey Ron, that's an awesome update. Thanks for the info. Is there a recording of the radio interview by chance? I'm sure a lot of us would like to hear it.
eric

Postby Ron_S on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:28 pm

eric wrote:Hey Ron, that's an awesome update. Thanks for the info. Is there a recording of the radio interview by chance? I'm sure a lot of us would like to hear it.

I'll ask Jason if it's ok to post it. As it's got two unreleased songs, he may have some reservations... I can edit it, which I suppose would solve that problem. Keep an eye out here for a link. I got steaks to grill right now, so I don't have time to do the work required.

Glad I could fill in the gaps for you all. I'm just an innocent bystander :lol:
The country that rules magnetism, rules the world
Ron_S

Postby starlight walker on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:33 am

A. my name is parker
B. i live in denver, colorado
D. i enjoy bike riding, snowboarding, and hiking in the outdoors
E. i work overnight shifts in television broadcasting
F. i play guitar and record songs. give a listen... (myspace.com/blparkersings)
G. i am musicially influenced by modesto bands (grandaddy/built like alaska)
H. i collect all kinds of vinyl. i love silver jew records
I. i think polaroid cameras are under-rated
J. i am obsessed with the denver art museum
K. i just read 'Post Office' by Bukowski and would recommend it to anyone
L. my favorite film is Hud, starring Paul Newman
M. my favorite grandaddy jam is 'lava kiss'

that's all for now...

...end
"On the last day of your life/Don't forget to die"-Trains Across The Sea
starlight walker

PreviousNext

Return to talk not talk