The Download Project contents
Ok, so here's the idea : to share non-label related material with the donaters (who don't need to have a talkscape account to be a part of the project).
The music we share includes studio material from 1992 to 2009, a lot of solo live performances from 2009, stuff that Jason shared with us throughout the years, but that is not available anymore.
And... exclusive material shared by Jason himself, his friends and family. You'll also receive cd art covers (front+back+spin) for most of the releases, prepared by Scott Arnold.
a) Prepare to bawl
 (very first Grandaddy demo). Mp3, 192K.
b) Complex party come along theories
 (first Grandaddy album). Cd quality (WAV + mp3).
1. Away Birdies with Special Sounds
4. Could This Be Love
6. Kim You Bore Me To Death
7. Egg Hit And Jack Too
8. Call Girl Call
9. Black Bats
10. Michael Barry
12. Worship P
13. You Drove your Car into a Moving Train
c) Don't sock the tryer
[1995/96] (Grandaddy's never released second album, sadly abandoned to create Under the western freeway). Cd quality version, since Jason shared the master tape for the project (Wav + mp3)
And "Don't sock the tryer" has a cover art for the first time, created by Jason Lytle for this project.
1. Why Glider Pilot
2. Lava Kiss
3. I'm not alright
5. Levitz (Safe asleep)
6. Pissant (Throw me away)
7. Poisoned at Hartsy food
8. Laughing stock (*alternate version)
9. Why took your advice (*extended version)
10. (formerly the) rattlesnake song
11. Go progress chrome (*GPC version)
12. 12 Pak $ 5.99
13. Lawn & so on
d) The sumday demos
(mp3) (+ covers & left over songs)
e) The Todd Zilla demos
(mp3) (+ 1 unused song "Running Cables at Chivas")
f) The fambly cat demos (mp3) (+ left over songs)
_____________________________________________________________________________________Two christmas recordings
Jason sent to his friends, some years ago
- "Christmas presence"
- "Happy happy X-mas from Jason"
. (flac + mp3)
Jason's father found this ultra-exclusive tape Jason sent to friends for christmas 96 (between Don't sock the tryer and Under the western freeway).
1. Warm in the gravy boat : long instrumental track with the final lyrics from "Everything beautiful is far away"
2. I'm gonna miss you : new song, piano&voice based, beautiful.
3. Theme from a movie and many lives : grandaddyesque "cover" of "Do you know where you're going to" by Sylvie Vartan. Or Mariah Carey. But without the "butterfly" singing sh*t .. synths & funny drums instead.
4. Everything beautiful is far away : alternate version, with more weird sounds on it
5. Protected from the rain : Pre-version of the song that will be released in 99
6. I'm in love with no one : same version as the one that was released on an old vinyl
7. Happy happy X-mas night : long synths instrumental, again : beautiful !
______________________________________________________________________________________Live recordings :
- Static hum
(fan-made live best of , 2 cd's full of rarities including Nebraska, build a box, Taster, Velouria...). Mp3 320K
- a divx file of a live performance in Merced (May 09). You can see parts of it here : http://www.youtube.com/user/JeromeLytle#p/u/3/IEMf8gpgIuQ
- The oldest Grandaddy live performances we could get :
- Recorded live amongst friends and fidget
(1994, with songs from Complex party)
- Live at the factory
 (6 tracks early live recordings, with commentaries added by Jason years later) (flac & mp3).http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peter.herron/grandaddy_discography.htm#ArtFactory
- The SXSW 97 live practice
I'm not alright / Summer here kids / Taster / I'm in love with no one / Everything beautiful is far away / Street bunny / Lawn & so on / Levitz.
- J.Lytle - live recordings from the May 09 tour
recorded by Cut_here, Empty & MikeA.
° Three headliner shows from May 09
: Seattle, Portland & Minneapolis. Sound quality is awesome and will remain uncompressed on these. Also, there is a new Lytle song !
° An acoustic set : the "Detroit layover show Jason did back in March of this year at Scrummage. The sound quality is very good".
° A good recording of the Seattle show from the Paramount.° October update : We've just added two recordings from the October 09 tour : Seattle & Portland (the latter includes a cover of the beach boys song "In my room"). Flac + mp3* December update : We added 5 new live recordings from the December 09 little tour, some of them are soundboard (best audio quality).
° 3 airport shows
° the modesto show (2h20 !)
° the San francisco show (with a new song : "Young saints")
See details & tracklists here : http://talkscape.jasonlytle.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=378&start=127
- Good quality scans of 20 postcards
I bought from the last tour, written or drawn by Jason with random thoughts/drawings. Subjects of those are Radiohead, skate, making an album and being judged by people, outlaws & slaves, etc.
Eean also did hi-resolution photographs of 68 postcards, that come with the 20 scans.
Here's a picture (scans will be nicer)
- A video of "Still loving you
", by the Scorpions, covered by Jason & his boys in Germany, as a rehearsal
- 4 compilations with old old songs : Hella old stuff
(as named)96 demo tapeThe practice tape
(given by Jason with old material compiled)4 track trash
(compilation of very old recordings Jason offered to talkscape at christmas 07). Mp3 192K.
- Jason alone on the piano on the 31.12.06 (Wav files)
(Beautiful ground medley, Dreaming my dreams with you, everything beautiful is far away, goodbye yellow brick road, Hewlett's daughter, Jeez Louise, Protected from the rain, Rode my bike to my stepsister's wedding, Today I started loving you again)
_____________________________________________________________________________________- At the Mall in Klamath Falls
: unreleased grandaddy song from 2000. Wonderful as most of Grandaddy's b-sides.
- An uncompressed version of the "Plastic Jesus" song Jason made for a friend. It's the first time an audio version of the youtube video is released.
- A soundboard recording of an Earlimart show where Jason dropped by, played instruments and sung harmonies.
______________________________________________________________________________________I really hope we'll find in this occasion a way to unite our forces, thoughts, money to give back a bit of what Jason's generous music gave us throughout the years, and that we will be able to ease a bit the weight of this difficult situation for Anna and her family's lives.