[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate() [function.getdate]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
talkscape.jasonlytle.com • View topic - Video of Lytle's piano set at Swedish American Hall in SF

Video of Lytle's piano set at Swedish American Hall in SF

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderators: daidj, Johnny, ebo, wolfattack, Scott, Eean

Video of Lytle's piano set at Swedish American Hall in SF

Postby pithyname on Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:56 am

Hello all, someone was kind enough to post a handheld video of Lytle's piano set that he played at the Swedish American Hall in San Francisco on 2019-02-28 for the Noise Pop festival. I've only just started watching it and it's simply wonderful. Thanks to the person who recorded it, to Jason, and to you.

• YouTube: Jason Lytle - Live - Full Show - Swedish American Hall (piano set) 2/28/19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fWPvhI9uJQ

Code: Select all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fWPvhI9uJQ

You could be outside right now.
pithyname

Re: Video of Lytle's piano set at Swedish American Hall in SF

Postby wamos001 on Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:39 am

This was my video. I live in TX but flew into SF with airline miles. I had never seen Jason live before, and when he announced the show a few months ago, I didn't hesitate. Last year, I had a trip booked to Vancouver, Seattle, and Portland to see multiple shows, but then the shows got cancelled a week out due to Kevin's passing. I had seen an interview last year where Jason had said he was planning to be done with playing live altogether once he turned 50, and I'm pretty sure he turns 50 this year, so, as crazy as it sounds...I flew to SF just for this show and flew home immediately afterwards. I was there for 12 hours (I had to get back because I have 4 kids, and they are a handful).

As you could see, it was a great show. He played the song I wanted to see/hear the most in Go Progress Chrome, and the rest of the setlist was more than I had hoped for.

If he announces any more US dates, I might do something similar. I'm glad I filmed it though so that I can always remember it as vividly as I would like.
wamos001

Postby strawberrybob on Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:57 am

I am amazed. You are a super fan.
strawberrybob

Postby pithyname on Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:00 am

wamos001 wrote:This was my video. I live in TX but flew into SF with airline miles. I had never seen Jason live before, and when he announced the show a few months ago, I didn't hesitate. Last year, I had a trip booked to Vancouver, Seattle, and Portland to see multiple shows, but then the shows got cancelled a week out due to Kevin's passing. I had seen an interview last year where Jason had said he was planning to be done with playing live altogether once he turned 50, and I'm pretty sure he turns 50 this year, so, as crazy as it sounds...I flew to SF just for this show and flew home immediately afterwards. I was there for 12 hours (I had to get back because I have 4 kids, and they are a handful).

As you could see, it was a great show. He played the song I wanted to see/hear the most in Go Progress Chrome, and the rest of the setlist was more than I had hoped for.

If he announces any more US dates, I might do something similar. I'm glad I filmed it though so that I can always remember it as vividly as I would like.

Thank you so much, wamos001! Thank you for sharing your experience and video with us!

You could be outside right now.
pithyname

Postby Scott on Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:55 am

Thanks for filming... I had tickets last year, but clearly understood the cancellation... wanted to go, but these sprung up right in the middle of some family commitments... hoping he does a few more (there was some allusion to that) - maybe NY or something on his way back from the UK... fingers crossed, but I totally get flying in and glad you got to see him - especially if you never had before. 100% worth that kind of trip!
Scott

Return to talk not talk