New album new Grandaddy dates

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderators: daidj, Johnny, ebo, wolfattack, Scott, Eean

Re: New album new Grandaddy dates

Postby eric on Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:15 am

I went to the SF show and was so happy to see the full band playing shows again. Good mix of old and new. The new songs sound good live, especially The Boat is in the Barn. Laughing Stock is one of my favorites and I was glad to see that make an appearance. For merch they had 2 shirts including the new Keep on Fuckin Truckin one.

I got one of the setlists. I think it was Aaron's...

eric

Postby Scott on Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:01 am

Same set on Tuesday night (Kevin's setlist), with the addition of "So You'll Aim..." - and when I spoke with Aaron briefly outside after the show, it sounds like it won't really change throughout this week in NY.

Who knows beyond that - but I expect this to be locked in for the week.

(And same two shirts, but "...Truckin'" sold out by the end of the show, so I wasn't able to get one - hope there are more tomorrow night...)
Scott

Postby spankythemuscleman on Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:53 am

Scott, there's a damn good chance we met briefly, last night. Last night was such a phenomenal show. It absolutely lived up to the hype in my head. I ended up shooting a full length of "The Boat is in the Barn" for anyone that's into live clips. I really get the notion that this set of shows might be all the east coast gets. Glad I could make it for one. Scott, I sincerely hope you make all three or four shows. Also, there's a Philly thing happening on Friday afternoon, for those that can take the day off and sign up in time. New album in a few days, folks. So good. So fucking good..

in the meadow we can build a snowman and pretend that he is Alan Parsons...
spankythemuscleman

Postby Scott on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:30 am

Spanky - fantastic - wish I'd realized it LOL.

Your video isn't showing up, but when it does, I suspect the vantage will let me know HAHA.

Night 2 was just as good. Jason commented he was less talkative, but invited the crowd to chime in... which, of course, resulted in comedians the room-over trying to get a word in (sometimes actually funny).

A highlight was some guy yelling about wanting a Robodeer shirt, and Jason said "What?" to which Jim replied "He wants a time machine..." - classic.

Setlist was almost the same, but "Everything Beautiful Is Far Away" was absent...

Curious if anything odd will come out at the "in-store" tomorrow - and then assume some variation of the main set again tomorrow night.

I have to fly back to Toronto on Friday, but hope some folks make it to Philly - I'm sure that'll be a cool little trip.

Also - they filmed the Poisson Rouge show. Not sure if that's for some label-based promo thing, or if this could see some sort of release later - but it was recorded regardless...

(And I saw a note on Instagram that some guy was filming SOMETHING tonight with a 360 camera for Vimeo - so, again, not sure what that means - but there's something from tonight too).
Scott

Postby Scott on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:32 am

(Found the video - seeing the angle, we MUST have spoken LOL)
Scott

Postby forgetful on Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:28 am

From the Grandaddy Facebook page.
Soundcheck (WNYC Radio) program.

http://www.wnyc.org/story/grandaddy-in-studio-2017/
forgetful

Postby Scott on Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:09 pm

Thanks, Forgetful... weirdly, though dated March 1, this sounds like the same broadcast from Feb 1 in their podcast feed on iTunes...? Was it just a rebroadcast to coincide with the shows, I wonder?

(As opposed to a second visit)
Scott

Postby talkos on Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:41 pm

I watched the live webcast of the 12 noon philadelphia set today. Pretty good actually. Good choice of songs. Glad instead of playing the usual Sumday songs, they played one from Fambly Cat.
talkos

Postby Scott on Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:21 pm

Missed it - but assume it was Disconnecty?

I am happy hearing whatever they want to play (I never saw them BACK in the day, so am certainly not sick of the "classics") - but since Fambly Cat never got a proper trip out with the band, that would have been my one request - even one more from the album as there are some real overlooked gems on that record.
Scott

Postby forgetful on Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:26 am

Grandaddy at the World Cafe in Philadelphia Webcast is currently on Dime.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=585880
forgetful

PreviousNext

Return to talk not talk