Moderators: daidj, Johnny, ebo, wolfattack, Scott, Eean

Re: New album new Grandaddy dates

Postby talkos on Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:01 pm

pretty good.
Reminds me of Dept of Disappearance/Final Setting Sun
talkos

Postby Scott on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:00 am

On the subject of the new shows - they announced a show at Rough Trade in New York - and it sold out FAST - so, if anyone on here HAPPENS to know anyone with an extra ticket, I am in need... and not above begging.
Scott

Postby eric on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:17 pm

Scott wrote:On the subject of the new shows - they announced a show at Rough Trade in New York - and it sold out FAST - so, if anyone on here HAPPENS to know anyone with an extra ticket, I am in need... and not above begging.

Did you see they added a 3rd NYC show?
eric

Postby Scott on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:18 pm

Yes - my goal is to attend all 3. :D
Scott

Postby forgetful on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:04 pm

J.L. from "Uncut" March 2017 issue. "I know for a fact there'll be another Grandaddy LP, 'cos I signed a two-album deal! But the next one will be looser. I hope Grandaddy fans like this, as it really is a lot about them, even more so than it is about me."
forgetful

Postby talkos on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:59 am

Very interesting. I wish the 2nd one was an official release of Dont Sock the Tryer.
1990s Jason Lytle was unstoppable.
talkos

Postby talkos on Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:40 am

I heard a leak of the new grandaddy album. I like 5 songs, which is way more than I'd expected. It's better than the JLytle solo albums.

The new mac demarco songs sound good.
The new chavez EP is alright.

what happened to talkscape? I thought it went down for a minute there
talkos

Postby forgetful on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:18 pm

I've heard it too and am fond of all of the songs, I've mostly listened to it as a whole (nice to get back to hearing and concentrating on a whole L.P. start to finish & Yes, I have the CD on order - I Fing love Jason b.t.w.). It is sadly over too quickly and to my ears beautifully melancholic. I do look forward to hearing these tunes played live on the upcoming tour.
forgetful

Postby eric on Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:18 pm

eric

Postby Scott on Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:29 am

Firstly - the album is amazing. While I have enjoyed all of Jason's solo records - I love that there is a subtle tonal shift to make this feel like a different thing... a Grandaddy record. Amazing.

Secondly - WHO SCORED THE COMPLEX PARTY CASSETTE?!?!? I am so bummed I missed that... kudos to whomever landed that (and the bowling trophy I would have loved haha)... the rewards for this record have been amazing (and absurd).

Third - this has just amped up my excitement for NY next week... I genuinely hope a decent number of these new tracks make the live show (a sentiment I don't always share when a band comes off hiatus and records new material)... but there are a half dozen here, at least, that I think would be great live...
Scott

PreviousNext

Return to talk not talk