[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate() [function.getdate]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
talkscape.jasonlytle.com • View topic - End of the Road and London

End of the Road and London

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderators: daidj, Johnny, ebo, wolfattack, Scott, Eean

Re: End of the Road and London

Postby brassman2000 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:14 pm

am180 wrote:Come the Sunday, I felt it was just a little too geeky to wear. Those of you who were there will remember it was a little chilly that day, so I wore it under another t-shirt. I was wandering around the site and who do you think I bumped into. Yeah, Jason hisself. I just had to show him my geeky t-shirt. He thought it was hilarious and we had our photo taken. Was a cool if not slightly embarrasing moment. As for the gig itself, I've been to hundreds of gigs and as a musician have performed in 1000's, but I never felt such (sounds corny but here goes) love eminating from an audience as I did that night, it must have been so gratifying for those guys up there.

Welcome!

Photos or it didn't happen (I wanna see!!!!)

Everyone was feeling the love, you're right :)
I has a PhD.
brassman2000

Postby am180 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:44 am

Photo tonight (I am at work right now)
Quote I saw that I wish was mine: "Everything these guys do make me fall in love with being sad."
am180

Postby am180 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:04 pm

It happened:

I ended up wearing it for the gig. I was right at the front so I thought, well at least only the band would see it, after all, that's who it was intended for. Tim, the guy on cheeseboards, kept looking at it, trying to read it I think. At the end of one song, I forget which one, there was a total blackout and the glow-in-the dark lettering did its magic lol :P
Quote I saw that I wish was mine: "Everything these guys do make me fall in love with being sad."
am180

Postby brassman2000 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:44 pm

am180 wrote:It happened:

I ended up wearing it for the gig. I was right at the front so I thought, well at least only the band would see it, after all, that's who it was intended for. Tim, the guy on cheeseboards, kept looking at it, trying to read it I think. At the end of one song, I forget which one, there was a total blackout and the glow-in-the dark lettering did its magic lol :P

Too cool!

Is "right at the front" right at the front... or 3 rows back, in the middle by the power-cable cover thing?

(Trying to figure out if I was standing next to you)
I has a PhD.
brassman2000

Postby Scott on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:53 pm

Nice. I was hoping, after the Fonda show, that the band might surface - but they disappeared so quickly... also meant none of the LA-regulars (wolfattack, I believe you were there) stuck around, and I met no one. Boo.
Scott

Postby am180 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:04 pm

brassman2000 wrote:
am180 wrote:It happened:

Too cool!

Is "right at the front" right at the front... or 3 rows back, in the middle by the power-cable cover thing?

(Trying to figure out if I was standing next to you)

Hi Brassman, thanks for the welcome.

Yeah, I guess it was a pretty cool thing to happen (if I were 25 years younger, that is lol). As for my whereabouts, I was leaning on the front rail, so I guess you can't get any more right at the front than that. However, during the gig, a smelly french guy did manage to weasle his way past me and then I was in the second row. I was dead in line with Kevin Garcia. Behind me, there was a guy who seemed to be everywhere I went. He was a nice guy but he insisted on headbanging throught every band's set, which is okay but I could feel his wet curly hair whipping my neck on each first and third beat of every bar of every song, bless him.

It's funny, I could have told Jason he was in for a special night (I don't know if it was anymore special to them than any other gig), it was just something about the venue and their sound, they seemed a perfect match. It was my first time at EOR, but I've already bought my ticket for next year without even knowing who's on. I'd love love love it if they signed up the guys again, I know it's rare but Midlake have done 2 in a row.

Here's to hoping.

am 180 (btw I was really surprised that this username was still available. Are there still many active members on this forum?)
am180

Postby brassman2000 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:13 pm

Hell! Enjoy yourself ;)
You'll be glad to know I'm not a smelly french-man and I was too far central and standing behind my friend for it to have been my soggy curly hair!

Midlake were fab (as always) although I got trapped in a crap bit of the crowd - think the next album is going to be a good one if the new songs are anything to go by live!

It was a great atmosphere at EotR - the bands were wandering the field - Lost count of the number of times I saw Eric Pulido over the weekend and was completely star-struck when Grandaddy and Midlake turned up at the back of the crowd at the garden stage on sunday afternoon.

am180 wrote:am 180 (btw I was really surprised that this username was still available. Are there still many active members on this forum?)

There's a few of us 8-)
I has a PhD.
brassman2000

Postby Johnny on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:29 pm

brassman2000 wrote:Hell! Enjoy yourself ;)
You'll be glad to know I'm not a smelly french-man and I was too far central and standing behind my friend for it to have been my soggy curly hair!

Midlake were fab (as always) although I got trapped in a crap bit of the crowd - think the next album is going to be a good one if the new songs are anything to go by live!

It was a great atmosphere at EotR - the bands were wandering the field - Lost count of the number of times I saw Eric Pulido over the weekend and was completely star-struck when Grandaddy and Midlake turned up at the back of the crowd at the garden stage on sunday afternoon.

am180 wrote:am 180 (btw I was really surprised that this username was still available. Are there still many active members on this forum?)

There's a few of us 8-)

I had a ticking off from Eric Nichelson (Midlake) for not attending EOTR. I am now fired. :shock:
Bb or B Good!
Johnny
Site Admin

Postby am180 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:09 pm

It's funny, I never knew of any of these other bands until I bought my EOR ticket. I saw somewhere that Grandaddy were re-forming, woke up one morning to discover I'd bought this ticket to see them at EOR and I didn't know ONE OTHER band on the bill!!

It was a good thing, coz I started to check them all out on YouTube etc and found some real gems. They then added a few more (Graham Coxon, Patti Smith) that I knew, so I was all set. For some reason, I didn't see Midlake and I'm slightly gutted about that, but for me, other than Grandaddy, it was the girls that shone. I particularly enjoyed Anna Calvi and Alabama Shakes.

I'm sure I'll catch Midlake sooner rather than later,

Later
am180

Postby brassman2000 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:11 pm

am180 wrote:I particularly enjoyed Anna Calvi and Alabama Shakes.

They were great sets - I was in a similar kind of boat. One of the guys I went with researched the lineup on youtube to the extreme and knew who to see.

Also really enjoyed Jonathan Wilson and (edit pending when I see my list...)
I has a PhD.
brassman2000

PreviousNext

Return to talk not talk