[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate() [function.getdate]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Chicago' for 'CDT/-5.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
talkscape.jasonlytle.com • View topic - End of the Road and London

End of the Road and London

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderators: daidj, Johnny, ebo, wolfattack, Scott, Eean

End of the Road and London

Postby Soul4l on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:29 am

Hello all – long time lurker breakin' cover for the first moment in a while... very excited at all the forthcoming JL and Grandaddy happenings. Anyone else heading to End of the Road? Just wondering if anyone has caught rumours of unscheduled appearances on the Sat/Sun? It's a great festival and there are often 'secret' jams in the woods or the smaller tent. According to the midlake twitter stream (https://twitter.com/MidlakeBand) sounds like there's a hell of a gig in London on Mon with eric pulido, another midlaker and – possibly – John Grant and Jason L. So got me thinking as to whether there might be anything else happening before the official festi slot on sun. I'm at the Shepherd's bush show on Tues so gonna need mon to rest up but the link for ticks at slaughtered lamb is here in case you're interested: http://www.pulluptheroots.co.uk/page.php?id=156
Soul4l

Re: End of the Road and London

Postby knifey on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:39 pm

I'm also doing both EoTR and shep bush, would luuurve to do Eric's show too but train fare to London is expensive, not to mention I'd be completely knackered.

I know I'll regret not going afterwards though :(
knifey

Postby buddiepaul on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:10 pm

Just back from End of the Road Festival. I managed to get down the front for Grandaddy last night. The start was delayed due to some technical issues, so the set was cut a little short. It was superb, though, with Jason and the guys on top form.

It makes me wish I was going to London tomorrow as well.
buddiepaul

Postby brassman2000 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:18 pm

buddiepaul wrote:Just back from End of the Road Festival. I managed to get down the front for Grandaddy last night. The start was delayed due to some technical issues, so the set was cut a little short. It was superb, though, with Jason and the guys on top form.

It makes me wish I was going to London tomorrow as well.

Me too! Centre front, pogo-ing to am-180. Struck one off my life goals list ;)
The crowd was having a great time. I would have loved to have seen the full set but I think we'll see them again soon enough.

"Imagination" did a decent job of the visuals from where I was standing...

Really good weekend all in all - highly recommend the festival, saw some great acts and met some nice people. I was even lucky enough to corner Jason on Sunday afternoon at the beautiful garden stage for a quick/awkward "hello"!

I has a PhD.
brassman2000

Postby knifey on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:05 am

You weren't too far away from me brassman, I was a little further towards Jim.

Had such a good time, really, really great set.

I also bumped into Jason on the Sat, and actually managed to hold a conversation instead of just going GUUUUUHHR like I did last time ;)

Roll on London's show tonight!
knifey

Postby brassman2000 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:49 pm

Videos are starting to surface :)

From the setlist we missed out on So you'll aim, Here, Summer Here Kids and H's D (as well as the "powerpoint presentation")... Grandaddy'd better tour again. :twisted:

Looks to be from very close to where I was standing.

I has a PhD.
brassman2000

Postby zenmomma on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:13 am

End of the Road Festival was fantastic. So great to see the boys back on stage again. Loved that they used a blitzed up version of the Welcome Back Kotter theme song right before taking the stage. Its a shame the set was cut short due to Patti Smith overrunning and some technical hitch with the projector... but I enjoyed every second of it!

We also went to the Eric Pulido and Friends gig in London on Monday night. It was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. The friends were Ed Harcourt, John Grant and of course Jason Lytle. Eric was also joined by Eric Nichelson and Paul Alexander from Midlake.

I'll try to upload some videos, but here's one someone else posted to you tube.

zenmomma

Postby Jody on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:41 pm

Good evening folks, i'm new to these forums, although i've been a Grandaddy and Jason Lytle fan for a while. I'll probably ask the same questions lots of passers by have gone and asked in the past but bare with me.

Was also at both shows EOTR and shepheards bush, both equally as good as each in my opinion. The setlists were incredible - speaking of which: I read in another thread somewhere that somebody's got an mp3 of fare thee not well mutineer, but the links bust, if anyone could re-post it that would be awesome!

Anyway i met a few of you guys although i can't recall who at end of the road and thought i'd drop by to say hello. I was too busy enjoying myself to take photos of the gig but the one i did take turned out all-right, i'll be quiet now and post it for you to enjoy, mahalo.

Last edited by Jody on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jody

Postby Jody on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:47 pm

It cut the picture in half so here's the link: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/holojo/photo.jpg
Jody

Postby am180 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi all, Newbie here.

I got a nice story to tell about The End Of The Road gig. I'm nearly 50 years old and I did something pretty geeky two weeks before the gig. I'm not usually prone to such geekiness but I've been mad about Grandaddy for about 10 years now and the combination of alcohol and internet shopping led me to design and buy my own t-shirt. It had "WELCOME BACK GRANDADDY" on the front in glow-in-the-dark writing and "RIP JED" on the back.

Come the Sunday, I felt it was just a little too geeky to wear. Those of you who were there will remember it was a little chilly that day, so I wore it under another t-shirt. I was wandering around the site and who do you think I bumped into. Yeah, Jason hisself. I just had to show him my geeky t-shirt. He thought it was hilarious and we had our photo taken. Was a cool if not slightly embarrasing moment. As for the gig itself, I've been to hundreds of gigs and as a musician have performed in 1000's, but I never felt such (sounds corny but here goes) love eminating from an audience as I did that night, it must have been so gratifying for those guys up there.

I have seen them four times now and just pray they come back for more. Isn't it weird to find a band of musicians that tick every box and more, only to find you're in a complete minority of people who feel the same. How did that happen?
Quote I saw that I wish was mine: "Everything these guys do make me fall in love with being sad."
am180

Next

Return to talk not talk