Questions for Jason

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderators: daidj, Johnny, ebo, wolfattack, Scott, Eean

Re: Questions for Jason

Postby highnucka on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:39 pm

It's good to be king is a supreme choice. Don't be so quick to pass up "It's only a broken heart" off of Wildflowers. I know it's only accoustic and melotron but still a jem bro. I can hear you doing that. Whatever you choose or chose will be dirty as shit I'm sure. It would be cool if Tom Petty covered 2 Grandaddy songs.

That is my next question.

What 2 Grandaddy songs would you want to hear Tom Petty record?

LOL

I have to think about that one fer awhile.

Also............Did Wilber ever get a 3rd DUI?
well i'm forgetting all the places i've been. my mind's erasing all the things that i've seen. the way the snow in thule glows in the dark. the way the crushing crowd can pull you apart.
highnucka

Postby jason on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:02 pm

highnucka wrote:That is my next question.

What 2 Grandaddy songs would you want to hear Tom Petty record?

LOL

I have to think about that one fer awhile.

Also............Did Wilber ever get a 3rd DUI?

1.....very hard question .......bordering on fantasy based video game.....
2..... Wilbur made the obvious Central Valley graduation to crystal meth....and was often
spotted in random locales(mostly bars ,or house parties) super sketchy,blabbering nonsense,
making people SUPER uncomfortable,and somehow ...still overweight.
jason

Postby highnucka on Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:56 am

after thinking about the tom petty thing i've come up with this.

1. collective dreamwish of upperclass elegance
2.this is how it always starts

ps- maybe a 3rd DUI would have straightened him out!

maybe not
well i'm forgetting all the places i've been. my mind's erasing all the things that i've seen. the way the snow in thule glows in the dark. the way the crushing crowd can pull you apart.
highnucka

Postby campershell dreams on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:14 pm

about the shirts,

any chance you can ask the guys who make the shirts to make each design in XXXL? i'm 6'7", and band shirts all always too small for me! it's like these people think only small people like music.
if you plan on asking me for a copy of jason lytle's soon-to-be released ablum, don't waste your time. not gonna happen! have a nice day.
campershell dreams

Postby campershell dreams on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:27 pm

MUSIC VIDEOS

are you going to do any? if so, are you going to do them in the tradition of a conventional video, or in the tradition of, say, the homemade "where i'm anymore" and "goodbye?" videos? i personally prefer the latter, but i like 'em all.
if you plan on asking me for a copy of jason lytle's soon-to-be released ablum, don't waste your time. not gonna happen! have a nice day.
campershell dreams

Postby jason on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:24 pm

campershell dreams wrote:
any chance you can ask the guys who make the shirts to make each design in XXXL? i'm 6'7", and band shirts all always too small for me! it's like these people think only small people like music.

xxxl !.....wow

maybe I can just make some iron -ons ....... to appeal to all sizes.
jason

Postby jason on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:29 pm

campershell dreams wrote:MUSIC VIDEOS

are you going to do any? if so, are you going to do them in the tradition of a conventional video, or in the tradition of, say, the homemade "where i'm anymore" and "goodbye?" videos? i personally prefer the latter, but i like 'em all.

I have fallen in love with the janky video program in my computer....

and I have been making lots of little vid's lately....

there will be a number of cheapo (tho thoughtful )videos for a number (if not all) of the album tracks.....
and of course Im open for contributions......
jason

Postby Johnny on Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:46 am

jason wrote:
campershell dreams wrote:MUSIC VIDEOS

I have fallen in love with the janky video program in my computer....

and I have been making lots of little vid's lately....

there will be a number of cheapo (tho thoughtful )videos for a number (if not all) of the album tracks.....
and of course Im open for contributions......

Jase, I am quite sure cheapo or not they will be splendid! Who needs 20+ cameras and a hose job when the songs are going to be brilliant. Just JL a vid cam and music= greatness ! ;)
Bb or B Good!
Johnny
Site Admin

Veloria

Postby asthmatic on Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:38 am

I saw J Litty in Chicago a few years ago and you ended with Wilco: "what you once were isn't what you want to be, anymore."

Next?

I always thought you'd have the potential to do an amazing cover of the song "measuring cup" by Andrew Bird. Keep that Chicago thing going.

Andrew Bird is subprime and, like you, he likes to cover the Handsome family.

Covers suck, play your own shit. Unless it fits, and in that case, play measuring cups. Play a new game. Front of the class, they'll measure your brain. They'll give you a complex. And they'll give it a name. So take that backpack off your shoulder, be a good little soldier. It makes no difference when you're older, you're predisposed.

I have to go. The sky is a berry blue.
asthmatic

Postby handylew on Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:34 pm

When you go to Spain are you playing your new stuff or your old stuff?If 18 other guitar players wont go i can.
handylew

PreviousNext

Return to talk not talk