Questions for Jason

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderators: daidj, Johnny, ebo, wolfattack, Scott, Eean

Re: Questions for Jason

Postby campershell dreams on Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:01 am

i'm just curious, around the time you release the new album, are you going to get proper publicity, such as an article in spin, under the radar, etc? how do you feel about?
if you plan on asking me for a copy of jason lytle's soon-to-be released ablum, don't waste your time. not gonna happen! have a nice day.
campershell dreams

Postby kimchi on Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:30 am

what board do you ride + set up + loose or tight ?

remy's trucks are too tight right now....+ need to clean the bearings { bad mom} he has a uprize that matt rodriguez gave em..then last night omar salazar told him he needed a new board and he'd give him one of his ::sorry:: i'm name dropping. lucky lil dude gets free stuff all the time.

just hope your staying warm..........california right now has the perfect bike + skateboarding weather. do you all have an indoor skatepark?

i'm going back to cali, to cali, to cali goin back to cali. no- i don't think so.- ll coolj

good nite-hope ya'll wake up.
kimchi

Postby YCW on Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:39 am

What I'd like to know is how do you think your fans will react to your new album?
just wanna be nowhere...
YCW

Postby Eean on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:50 am

Ain't I a stinker? (but seriously.....)
Sorry about that Jason. I properly tried to make it optional as to whether you wanted to answer them or not, but I didn't think and it's obvious that it'd make you feel bad to ignore these questions. Plus I was unaware of your 2 finger typing technique and how time consuming such a style was on a person. The last thing I wanted was for you to get pissed with me/feel bad. But I have been somewhat of a tail so fair do's.
HOWEVER......I think I have a cunning plan however which will solve this problem!
Ima make some calls. Hold up.
Eean

Location: I'm lost inside the song..where the nights are so long

Postby brassman2000 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:51 am

Eean wrote:I think I have a cunning plan however which will solve this problem!
Ima make some calls. Hold up.

Are you going to get Jason on Never Mind The Buzzcocks?
I has a PhD.
brassman2000

Postby Eean on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:35 am

Yes. Yes I am*

*No I'm not.
Eean

Location: I'm lost inside the song..where the nights are so long

Postby jason on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:18 pm

klinsmann18 wrote:Ever fancy another trip to the UK? Even if it has to be Leicester.......

ok lemme try this not drunk.....

Yes I will be coming to the UK and a number of other European cities as my new label seems to have a pretty good presence "abroad" as well as "here"
jason

Postby jason on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:31 pm

YCW wrote:What I'd like to know is how do you think your fans will react to your new album?

hoping or expecting any reactions is always kind of a tricky matter.
You want to not give a shit what people think while you are making/creating the music because that has the ability to second guess your own impulses. Those same impulses that are better left alone and should normally be first impulses.
On the other hand...........I am not trying to make soul-less ,ear wrenching ,self indulgent art rock here. I actually intend on people enjoying the listening experience.
All I can say is.........a few close friends and acquaintances have had time to listen to it for a while
and they have commended me for "getting back to what I do best". whatever that means.

Despite the critiques......I try very hard with each release.(try hard to please myself , that is)
jason

Postby jason on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:40 pm

kimchi wrote:what board do you ride + set up + loose or tight ?

I rode antihero boards
spitfire wheels (55 ...hard and white)
thunder trucks (because they actually turn ......not just "tilt" )

Lately Ive been riding "Effort" boards. (James' co.)They printed up a model for me recently thats quite funny. (there is a foto of in on my -myspace)

Im like a homeless hippy.....heading toward the freebies.
Ive been very fortunate to have alot of friends in the skateboard industry that enable my "little problem"
Nice job on raising skateboarder(s)
sounds hopeful to me
jason

Postby jason on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:50 pm

campershell dreams wrote:i'm just curious, around the time you release the new album, are you going to get proper publicity, such as an article in spin, under the radar, etc? how do you feel about?

There should be a reasonable amount of press for this record
and I will attempt to abide as well as possible.......not being one to shirk my duties.
I have always had problems with this ......but I do want to do my part in "selling my product .....
so as to fund more product".

Judging from the last time I looked at a Spin magazine
I dont think I want them ,and Im certain they dont want me.

Under the Radar kicks ass though......
Raptor Claw Gazzette ?........
cat fancy ?
jason

PreviousNext

Return to talk not talk