Questions for Jason

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderators: daidj, Johnny, ebo, wolfattack, Scott, Eean

Re: Questions for Jason

Postby jason on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:38 pm

__redruM wrote:Any solid dates now that Aught-9 is almost here. Also when does the rumored world wide tour begin, and will there be any stops outside italy?

And while you're still answering questions, how about:
What type of car do you drive?
and
What's you favorite movie?

1..i am not only playing italy......../...that would be stupid
2...im a toyota man.
3 ..favorite movie...The Gold Rush (charles Chaplin)

All of my music aspires to be this movie.
jason

Postby jason on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:51 pm

YCW wrote:So... I'd like to ask you about your Beatles influence...
what's your favoruite song (If you have one, tough is hard to choose)?
and your favourite album?
Lennon or McCartney

I connect with john Lennon waaaaayyy more than I connect with Paul McCartney.....

i enjoy the songs where he sounds fucking pissed off...and his voice distorts onto the tape....
(example......end of "revolution". ...where he sings "ALRIGHT " !!

and I love how his voice would break up in a very subtle way....even on the prettier songs.(also on Sexy Sadie)...
And despite his supposed dissatisfaction with it's outcome ....I really love "Across the Universe"

"piggies" is lovely too...especially so being right AFTER Blackbird on white Album
jason

Postby jason on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:55 pm

brassman2000 wrote:Are you happy what you're doing?

Until I actually know what I am doing ,I dont have an answer for that question.
jason

Postby brassman2000 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:30 pm

jason wrote:"piggies" is lovely too...especially so being right AFTER Blackbird on white Album

Sorry but ever since we got onto the Beatles I've been contemplating posting this and that's just tipped me over the edge.

Side 2 of the White Album:

Stevie Riks is a fairly unsuccessful British comedian (although he apparently won his heat with a record score on new faces in the '80s) but I reckon he is hilarious; his impressions of the Beatles and Jeff Lynne (as well as countless others http://uk.youtube.com/user/caroline372) are better than anything on the telly says I! He plays and sings everything so kudos to him.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :)
I has a PhD.
brassman2000

Postby handylew on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:37 pm

If im sober im going?You never know when the 18 guitarists ahead of me on the list have "accidents".Vito and I are starting a band called Boy Rudy In Tights.Look for it soon.
handylew

Postby skatealex2 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:04 am

Hey Jason, some questions I am curious about

1)What do you think of marijuana and psychedelics, and have you ever recorded under the influence of drugs?

2)Are you a David Lynch fan?

3)Do you still skateboard and can you do any freestyle/flatland tricks ?

Thanks for posting! Hope to see you play music in new york sometime.
skatealex2

Postby __redruM on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:31 am

jason wrote:1..i am not only playing italy......../...that would be stupid

We'll I'm looking forward to a show somewhere nearby. The small shows in 2006 were incredable. The small size was part of what made it special. Have fun in Europe.
__redruM

Postby jason on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:25 am

skatealex2 wrote:)What do you think of marijuana and psychedelics, and have you ever recorded under the influence of drugs?

2)Are you a David Lynch fan?

3)Do you still skateboard and can you do any freestyle/flatland tricks ?

Thanks for posting! Hope to see you play music in new york sometime.

1.I have recorded music under almost every possible "influence" .
Natural and self inflicted. The best results on average are usually natural,although a little wine buzz
works well for me. Me and the weed dont blend so well. I just end up staring at the speaker and counting the number of high hat hits on a whole album.
2. David Lynch has rad hair.
3. I skate still ..yes. I prefer transitions and varied terrain. My kick flip ratio is 1 pulled out of 7 tried. I also prefer rolling and flowing than the abrupt herky jerky shit.
jason

Postby lysol on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:13 am

Jason can you give us a date on the new album? Your album is my most anticipated release since the final Grandaddy album! I dont know if I can wait much longer! Please put it out soon!

Also what up with the EP you did with Earlimart? I heard someone posted it awhile back and it was removed..... I need to get my hands on it... Where can I do that? I will pay you :shock:
lysol

Postby Blastik on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:45 am

hello all,
I used to be a regular on the Grandaddy talk site, so I'm glad I found where everyone has migrated.
My question for Jason is this....how do you deal with knee pain? I tore my ACL years ago and it hurts like a bitch in the winter. I read you fucked up your ACL too, and I was wondering if you limp around town when the air gets brisk and the wind blows frost. Frankly, I'm tired of stiffening up whilst trying to cross streets littered with heavy traffic. My other knee still works, but at the rate I'm going I'm gonna lose it in a freakish bicycle accident. Any advice?
Blastik

PreviousNext

Return to talk not talk