Questions for Jason

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderators: daidj, Johnny, ebo, wolfattack, Scott, Eean

Questions for Jason

Postby Eean on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:42 am

Thought it'd be cool to throw up a Q&A thread in case you wanna ask Mr L anything and Mr L feels like answering.....
Try to ask 1 question per post to make it easy for Jason to pick out what he wants to answer if anything. That way all Papa J needs to do is quote your question and answer away! Cher Ching!
Eean

Location: I'm lost inside the song..where the nights are so long

Re: Questions for Jason

Postby Eean on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:44 am

My first question is....
Will you ever be releasing another compilation of old stuff like windfall/broken down comforter again that will have classics like The rattlesnake song, Formerly the rattlesnake song, Why Glider Pilot, Symphonique de Hee haw, Xanadu etc etc on it?
Eean

Location: I'm lost inside the song..where the nights are so long

Postby highnucka on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:34 pm

-What ever happened to the Grandaddy DVD that was being compiled?

-When you tour the new solo album will you have a full band or will it be like the fambly cat solo tour?
well i'm forgetting all the places i've been. my mind's erasing all the things that i've seen. the way the snow in thule glows in the dark. the way the crushing crowd can pull you apart.
highnucka

Postby campershell dreams on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:16 pm

are you sure you don't have at least one friend who's willing and able to leak your new album? i'm going to be in iraq when it comes out for real, and i foresee myself having to wait a significant amount of time before i get to hear the new album. it's like the people who died before stephen king finished the dark tower series. they just wanted to know how it going to end before they died. and i'm just saying, hey, emailing me the album a few days before i deploy will totally keep me from being able to leak it.

thanks in advance. :mrgreen:
if you plan on asking me for a copy of jason lytle's soon-to-be released ablum, don't waste your time. not gonna happen! have a nice day.
campershell dreams

Postby eric on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:23 pm

Status of the Grandaddy/Earlimart collaboration EP?
eric

Postby MikeA on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:16 pm

Since many of the questions already asked were on my list (DVD, Earlidaddy) here is a different one:

Now that you are a "solo artist", would you or did you consider any leftover, unreleased "Grandaddy" tracks for the new album or did you approach it as a "fresh start" with all new material and leave the unreleased Grandaddy behind? Obviously we know from the demos floating out there older songs often wound up on future Grandaddy releases ("Florida" as an example). Just curious if you looked at this as a fresh start musically or if you would re-visit unreleased Grandaddy tracks for solo release.

I guess this is my round about way of asking is there a chance "Build A Box" will ever see an official release? :D

MikeA
MikeA

Postby handylew on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:22 pm

Do you still eat mayo out of the jar?
handylew

Postby jason on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:02 am

Ok now good people......

just hold on one dad-gum minute.......

I never consented to any of this...... and before it gets out of hand (thanx mr Eean) I have to make a few things clear.

My average typing speed is about 13 words a minute if Im lucky...and then add another 3 minutes to that for grammar/corrections/deleting impulsive outbursts/etc.....
Add to that fact ....the only time I usually type here ,is when Im buzzed/drunk/or hungover.
SO.......if I were to feel obligated to answer every question (which quickly became" multiple question",)questions.......I would have to stay drunk .....pretty much all of my waking hours.

As tragic and kinda of (sadly) hilarious that may sound ......its not very practical for me.

So if you plan on putting forth a question .....just know that you are keeping me drunk and not allowing me to stay sober long enough to go to the dentist,pay my bills,go to the grocery store,etc
.........Im kidding about that part........
but please Know ...that your interest and curiosities will never be taken for granted by me
and I feel like a dick for not answering all of your questions ....because Im stoked you actually really care ....but I just dont have the time to do this.....and Im not interested in spending anymore time in a sitting position......seeing as how I love playing music and/or recording and its still real hard for me to stay put ,for long enough stints to do that stuff.....
(12 minutes its taken so far for this post)
This is not meant to be disrespectful .....its just that I am really not a fan of typing.
And Im not interested in getting any better at it.
jason

Postby jason on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:15 am

Now that I feel like a jerk (thanks again mr Eean)............im kidding ,of course........

I will try and answer a couple questions ....in the only abridged manner I think I may answer
any of these.

1 re: compilation......As the closets need cleaning ....yes . This will happen .
I may need to hire bob to come over and be my archivist as this is another very time consuming
job and one that I sadly consider "dwelling ".

2 re: grandaddy DVD .......missing footage,laziness,and legal bullshit and limited funds sees this maybe never happening.......though I'd love to see it go down myself.
3 re:full band or solo band ?.......small band
4 re: Earlidaddy..........very close..........go to earlimart site and bug the shit out of aaron.Ive given him my blessing.
5 re: fresh start ? All these new songs are very new . (or they were at the time of recording)
6 mayo from jar ? I ve refined my mayo eating technique to include a wood scoop.
jason

Postby klinsmann18 on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:59 am

Ever fancy another trip to the UK? Even if it has to be Leicester.......
Welcome back to solid ground my friend.
klinsmann18

Next

Return to talk not talk