Questions for Jason

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderators: daidj, Johnny, ebo, wolfattack, Scott, Eean

Re: Questions for Jason

Postby jason on Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:30 pm

handylew wrote:When you go to Spain are you playing your new stuff or your old stuff?If 18 other guitar players wont go i can

you need to sober up
jason

Postby wolfattack on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm

Shouldn't you be skating or something Jason? This is the most you have ever posted on Talkscape.

Is Rusty still going with you to Italy? I think I remember you mentioning that, or I could be making it up... Anyway, tell him to come play in LA, okay?

I saw Nik last week play with Conor and co. and when I mentioned that little wooden park in South Pasadena we skated, he replied "You took him there???? There isn't anything to skate at that place!" haha.
wolfattack

Postby fred the fish on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:57 am

wow, i hope i catch you while you're still in the talking mood...

Did you ever do a live version of "Ok with my decay" since this is one of the top gdad songs. if so, do you have a recording of it, and.....can you please post?

amen
fred the fish

Postby jason on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:41 pm

wolfattack wrote:houldn't you be skating or something Jason? This is the most you have ever posted on Talkscape.

Is Rusty still going with you to Italy? I think I remember you mentioning that, or I could be making it up... Anyway, tell him to come play in LA, okay?

I saw Nik last week play with Conor and co. and when I mentioned that little wooden park in South Pasadena we skated, he replied "You took him there???? There isn't anything to skate at that place!" haha.

Yeah...the weather has taken a hard turn to "real brisk" here....and I have just finished loads of photo /video stuff for the (soon to be up ) new website...but this week there is to be a warm spell
and I will be spending loads of outdoor-iffic time.
Yes ....Rusty is coming to Italy with me. We are rehearsing for 4 days in S.F. before flying there.
Re: Nik....I need to kidnap one of these days. Give him a short break ....away from all of these
"musician types"......ha!
jason

Postby jason on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:50 pm

fred the fish wrote:wow, i hope i catch you while you're still in the talking mood...

Did you ever do a live version of "Ok with my decay" since this is one of the top gdad songs. if so, do you have a recording of it, and.....can you please post?

amen

Sadly ....I dont believe this exists.
Unless I just dreamt it.....I do think I remember rehearsing this with the band while we were gearing up for the Sumday tour.
And I recall being disappointed with the way it sounded.
(it never quite "got off the ground")
Despite having settled on synth patches , and stored away samples for it ....I dont think it ever
got the chance to fly out of its cage.

I will keep an eye out though ....
jason

Postby klinsmann18 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:39 pm

jason wrote:
wolfattack wrote:houldn't you be skating or something Jason? This is the most you have ever posted on Talkscape.

Yeah...the weather has taken a hard turn to "real brisk" here....and I have just finished loads of photo /video stuff for the (soon to be up ) new website...but this week there is to be a warm spell
and I will be spending loads of outdoor-iffic time.
Yes ....Rusty is coming to Italy with me. We are rehearsing for 4 days in S.F. before flying there.
Re: Nik....I need to kidnap one of these days. Give him a short break ....away from all of these
"musician types"......ha!

When you say "new website", do you mean entirely new website, or just more stuff on this website?
Welcome back to solid ground my friend.
klinsmann18

Postby Alzado on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:14 pm

Jason,

Just wondering if you have a favorite synth? Are you using hardware or software synths these days and do you have an opinion on the debate between them?

Also, how will you trigger synth parts in your upcoming live set-up?

Thanks!

Alzado
Alzado

Postby Hartsythaifood on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:40 pm

Hey Jason,

Disgustingly huge fan of yours. I'm really quite excited to hear the new material that you've got in store for us in zero-nine.

Anyway, a few questions for you.

~ I was at the Chicago/Schubas show a few years back and recall a big recording truck parked outside with all sorts of wires leading in to the place. Just wondering if that recording will ever see the light of day or not. It was one of my favorite shows of the past few years and I'd love for a copy of it if there ever were one.

~ You wouldn't happen to know of any place to get one of your old Grandaddy/Robodeer shirts would you? There's something so unsavory about ordering one off of eBay......

~ If I give you numerous cases of beer, a warm bed to stay in and a pasta dinner, would you play a show in my living room. I've been told my crummy apartment has swell acoustics and smells like not-death.

ok that's all I've got. Like I said, really excited to see you sometime in the future, man. Hope everything out west is going swimmingly!
Hartsythaifood

Postby OUTERSPACE on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:48 pm

Will you master the record at Sterling Sound? I love Calbi work in your cds!

I need new stuff to wear and a new nose spray!
OUTERSPACE

Postby Alzado on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:29 pm

Hartsythaifood wrote:~ If I give you numerous cases of beer, a warm bed to stay in and a pasta dinner, would you play a show in my living room. I've been told my crummy apartment has swell acoustics and smells like not-death.

wow creepy
Alzado

PreviousNext

Return to talk not talk