Questions for Jason

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderators: daidj, Johnny, ebo, wolfattack, Scott, Eean

Re: Questions for Jason

Postby jason on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:31 pm

[quote="misterpleasant"]is yer album basically d-o-n-e? did you play everythang on it?

and finally...(you're probably done reading)
do you know a guy named billy from modesto? used to have a mohawk in high school. straight teeth. we just got off tour with stereolab and he was along for the ride. maybe you guys grew up togethies? whatevies.

yes....l.p. is done.
I did play and record everything on this one.....with the exception of a nice little background vocal
by a certain female guest.

yes I know Billy.
Billy and I have had a few fun and sketchy adventures.
Somewhere out there ,there is footage of me jumping a little girls bike off of a ramp and over
a campfire . I pulled it.....but I ran out of landing area ...and then ate shit.
This took place in Billys backyard.
Good ol' Modesto fun !
jason

Postby jason on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:39 pm

Blastik wrote:Oh, you know I push it to the limit with all of my activities. Shopping for ice cream? Take it to the limit. Searching for the remote? Take it to the limit. Gin & Tonics? Beyond the limit. You know what I'm saying? I'm gonna be the first person on the planet to pull a groin drinking vodka. Or maybe you've done something like that? Shit, yeah..

No ....just the classic "chipping the front tooth on the wine bottle"

Because after all ......every man of classy stature drinks his wine directly from the bottle.

uhhhh.........the memories...... (sort of)
jason

Postby Blastik on Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:06 am

we need another Arm Of Roger album. Can you speak with Roger about this? There were so many unanswered questions in "The Pussy Song"....
Blastik

Postby Scott on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:56 am

jason wrote:Because after all ......every man of classy stature drinks his wine directly from the bottle.

uhhhh.........the memories...... (sort of)

Bottle... yes.

Box... no.
Scott

Postby Eean on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:34 am

What are the best and worst things* that you have been given from fans?

*not including an improved typing speed. (don't hurt me)
Eean

Location: I'm lost inside the song..where the nights are so long

Postby jason on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:45 pm

Eean wrote:What are the best and worst things* that you have been given from fans?

best fan gifts ? probably back in the day when we still had a physical post office address, I received
some incredible notes/letters. I could tell these pieces were constructed thoughtfully,sincerely,
calmly, and almost always prefaced with "I dont usually write to bands, but......".
It really did "lift me up" when I seemed to need it, throughout the many years of ups and downs of "the band years". Some were fucking heartbreaking and very clear re: the subject of connecting with people through music.
Sadly ...some of the worst fan gifts has been the music people have given me.
I used to end up with a mountain of c.d.'s (and cassettes) on tour,,around the time when the home studio phase had really blown up. This wouldnt be so bad, but out of respect, I really felt the need to give everything a bit of a listen. All too often it became apparent ,the down side of home studios.
Very bad,underdeveloped,out of tune,just bad stuff. Often times requiring about 3 more years of practice in secrecy, and cultivating their craft. (or maybe moving on to something else).
This of course wasnt always the case.I believe we encountered DIOS like this and also that band (guy) Aquaduct. AND oddly enough...our first dose of exposure beyond Modesto was due to my
handing off a cassette(compex party..etc...) to Howe from Giant Sand. Its just a little frustrating, as there is only so many hours(minutes) in the day for recreational music listening.
AND finally ....yes ..before I sign off from the whole Q & A thing.....I do need to thank you (Eean)...reluctantly....for helping to "up" my typing skills
jason

Postby OUTERSPACE on Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:03 pm

April 09????
I hope Dr Pepper will offer a coke for all too if the new record will come out in 08! ;)
OUTERSPACE

Postby Eean on Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:14 pm

jason wrote:
Eean wrote:What are the best and worst things* that you have been given from fans?

best fan gifts ? probably back in the day when we still had a physical post office address, I received
some incredible notes/letters. I could tell these pieces were constructed thoughtfully,sincerely,
calmly, and almost always prefaced with "I dont usually write to bands, but......".
It really did "lift me up" when I seemed to need it, throughout the many years of ups and downs of "the band years". Some were fucking heartbreaking and very clear re: the subject of connecting with people through music.
Sadly ...some of the worst fan gifts has been the music people have given me.
I used to end up with a mountain of c.d.'s (and cassettes) on tour,,around the time when the home studio phase had really blown up. This wouldnt be so bad, but out of respect, I really felt the need to give everything a bit of a listen. All too often it became apparent ,the down side of home studios.
Very bad,underdeveloped,out of tune,just bad stuff. Often times requiring about 3 more years of practice in secrecy, and cultivating their craft. (or maybe moving on to something else).
This of course wasnt always the case.I believe we encountered DIOS like this and also that band (guy) Aquaduct. AND oddly enough...our first dose of exposure beyond Modesto was due to my
handing off a cassette(compex party..etc...) to Howe from Giant Sand. Its just a little frustrating, as there is only so many hours(minutes) in the day for recreational music listening.
AND finally ....yes ..before I sign off from the whole Q & A thing.....I do need to thank you (Eean)...reluctantly....for helping to "up" my typing skills

Thanks so much for being a good sport and answering all our questions. I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone when I say that this was truly an excellent opportunity to be able to do this and get answers. And it's pretty rare that an artist will post up on their own message board too!
So I hope you get back to doing more fun stuff and I hope you drop by every now and then to 'do typing' at us. We all like a bit of typing, don't we ladies and gents? Yes we do.

p.s. You'll have to get yourself a PO Box then I can send you my 4 cd box set of me punching my guitar with flutes taped to my head, crying.
Eean

Location: I'm lost inside the song..where the nights are so long

Previous

Return to talk not talk